[ Football (American) ] Open Question : What should I expect during high school football tryouts? - TheWorldTimesNow

TheWorldTimesNow

In this website you can all latest news, big breaking news all over world.

Like on Facebook

test banner

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

[ Football (American) ] Open Question : What should I expect during high school football tryouts?

I wanted to try out for the high school team since I've played football since I could run and hold one a pig skin. I was just too late to join sophomore year and I'm determined to sign up junior year. I'm curious what I should expect and what types of things I will have to do. I'm planning on being a Free Safety, since i have practiced as Wide Receiver all my life and tackling doesn't seem all that difficult. Will the coach let us pick our positions? Does he split us up into general groups (ex. QB'S, WR's, Lineman, Defensive Backs, Kickers, etc)? Does he just analyze a few tasks and give us a position he sees fit? Does he do something I'm entirely not thinking of? What types of exercises are required for my position (either Cornerback, Both safeties, or wide receiver)? I know I'll have to do a 40 yard dash but will I have to lift waits? Strength doesnt seem like an extremely important feature in a receiver. How should I prepare for these activities? And how likely am I to be accepted? Should I bring my own equipment? Pads? Receiver gloves? I know I'll need to bring cleats. If anyone with experience could just give me an explanation of what will go down that would be great.

from Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions https://yhoo.it/2LYNeQ1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here