My boyfriends dog had been sick for a long time and was told multiple times by the vet that putting him down was the right thing to do. I’m not one to make a dog suffer, I believe he should have put it down forever ago but hey- not my dog. I was empathetic and understanding. Three months go by and it’s obvious that he needs to let go. He does.. on my birthday. February 4th. Again, I was empathetic and supportive, although we didn’t get to celebrate my birthday. Months later, I got a puppy of my own, born on my birthday! I was excited, thought it was meant to be. Now my boyfriend won’t stop comparing the two, thinking that it’s some kind of miracle that this dog was born on the day his dog died. It’s the first thing he’ll tell anyone that asks how old my puppy is, and it’s not even his dog. I don’t get to say “he was born on my birthday!” before my boyfriend jumps in and makes things awkward. I feel slightly offended that he just pushes my birthday to the side like that. We’ve only been together for 7 months now.. am I doomed to an eternity of not getting to celebrate my birthday because of his dogs death? I don’t want to offend him but it’s been almost everyday that he compares my dog to his.
from Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions https://yhoo.it/2WxjugV
Post Top Ad
Responsive Ads Here
Monday, June 10, 2019
Home
yahoo Answer
Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions
[ Dogs ] Open Question : My boyfriend put his dog down on my birthday. It’s bothering me now- my new puppy was also born on that day. He thinks it’s a miracle. Help?
[ Dogs ] Open Question : My boyfriend put his dog down on my birthday. It’s bothering me now- my new puppy was also born on that day. He thinks it’s a miracle. Help?
Tags
# yahoo Answer
# Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions
About Theworldtimesnow
Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post Top Ad
Responsive Ads Here

No comments:
Post a Comment