[ Law & Ethics ] Open Question : Is it legal to film someone at work for a promotional video when they asked not to be filmed and then post the video? - TheWorldTimesNow

TheWorldTimesNow

In this website you can all latest news, big breaking news all over world.

Like on Facebook

test banner

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Friday, June 28, 2019

[ Law & Ethics ] Open Question : Is it legal to film someone at work for a promotional video when they asked not to be filmed and then post the video?

I work at a retail store part time. At the time I was working there were 2 other employees on staff. I expressed very clearly that I didn't want to be filmed or have any video footage of me used for a promotional video. I had no warning that this guy was coming. My manager had her hair and makeup done and was dressed up. I had barely slept the night before and was up throwing up (I have a concussion from an accident). I certainly wasn't prepared to be filmed for a promotional video. I avoided the videographer and then a customer was waiting in line to check out. The man was standing by on idle with his camera ready to film the transaction between me and the customer. I waited patiently for him to put his camera down until the customer finally said "hello, I'm ready to check out" at which time I had to walk over to her to check her out and he filmed me after I asked him not to. then afterward I reiterated to him that I didn't want that clip used in the promotional video. He was annoyed and rude about it. I was polite. I just didn't want to be on a video that was going to be shared on Facebook, Youtube and everywhere else. So this was a month ago and today the video came out and he used the clips of me! I had no choice, I was at work and had to wait on this customer. I know I was in public but I expressed clearly that I didn't want to be filmed and this isnt a private video its being used to promote the business. Is this legal. This is in the state of New Hampshire

from Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions https://ift.tt/2ZORdEu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here