[ Etiquette ] Open Question : OK not to say thank you for (employer-paid) drinks and client prospect? - TheWorldTimesNow

TheWorldTimesNow

In this website you can all latest news, big breaking news all over world.

Like on Facebook

test banner

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

[ Etiquette ] Open Question : OK not to say thank you for (employer-paid) drinks and client prospect?

Is it acceptable not to say thank you if someone meets you for drinks, for career development, and sends you a lead on a possible client? One friend of a friend kept emailing me, to meet. We’re both lawyers in the same field. So I met him and bought a few drinks after work (about $40 per person). Then I sent one of my clients to him, which could have resulted in work for him (through a deal with one of his clients). So he wanted to meet me, and he got free drinks and a client lead, and 2 hours of my time. He never said thank you. Nor did he even respond to acknowledge the client lead until I rescinded it (then he replied to let me know that he was working on it). Acceptable? Or would you be ticked if someone never said thanks?

from Yahoo Answers: Latest Questions https://ift.tt/32PKRqI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here